Google Meet Updates
Be sure you are running the latest version of Zoom! A new update was released on April 27 and includes enhanced security features. This Zoom page contains guidance on how to check for available updates.
The faculty guide contains an excellent guide to managing your videoconferencing recordings. It was created with remote teaching and learning in mind, but applies to staff videoconferencing as well. Check it out!
Covid-19 Software and Equipment Purchase Request Form
Staff and faculty: Please submit any urgent requests for unexpected remote work and home office IT, accessories, and software needs to the Covid-19 Software and Equipment Purchase Request Form.
Faculty Guide Updates
Remote Work Security
As we adjust to online teaching, learning and remote work, it is more important than ever to be mindful of online threats posed by scammers and bad actors seeking to further disrupt our efforts. LITS asks that you remain vigilant and utilize our resources to stay safe online:
- Review our Remote Work Security Best Practices.
- Fortify the security of your Zoom meetings and prevent uninvited guests from disrupting your calls with our Zoom Security Recommendations.
- Learn how to avoid phishing attempts and report suspicious emails in the Phish Bowl.
My.mtholyoke error message
If you are using Google Chrome and receive an error message while attempting to login to my.mtholyoke: This is a known issue that is resolved by downloading the most recent version of Chrome. You can also open my.mtholyoke.edu with an alternate web browser (Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer).
Remote computer safety & repairs
LITS is asking for your help in reducing the need for repairs to MHC owned computers during this remote work period. Many of us are working in make-shift home offices surrounded by pets or family members. Taking simple steps to reduce unintended accidents can go a long way to minimizing work disruptions. See our best practices below!
Tips for keeping MHC equipment safe in a home office
- Keep workspace clean and uncluttered
- Avoid eating and drinking in the workspace
- Use drink containers with locking lids
- Don’t eat over keyboards/laptops
- Keep children and pets away from computers
- Maintain physical security:
- Close and secure laptops when not in use
- Use a power surge protector and wrap loose cables/wires
- Maintain digital security:
- Apply security updates when prompted
- Restart computer at least once per week to ensure updates are installed and applied
- Use screen locks to ensure data security
- Use the MHC VPN when accessing Mount Holyoke resources
Requesting a remote repair
In the event of an unavoidable and essential repair, please direct your request to the Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or 413-538-2600. Repairs will be done by appointment only. The Help Desk will triage issues, and LITS will work with area directors/supervisors to prioritize needs.
Please be aware that global supply chains are impacted by the pandemic. Parts may be difficult to obtain and replacement equipment may be back-ordered. Repairs will take longer than usual - up to a few weeks. When possible a loaner laptop will be provided.