Mary has worked as an Instructional Technology Consultant at Mount Holyoke since 1997. She was previously a postdoctoral fellow at University of Vermont, College of Medicine researching and modeling radiation-induced DNA damage, teaching structural biology and protein/DNA chemistry, and founding the UVM Molecular Modeling Lab. Mary currently lives in Holyoke near the Connecticut with an ever evolving cast of family, friends, dogs and roses. See what I'm reading.
Subject areas, Academic departments
Students, I can help you with:
- Library Research
- Mathematical & Computational Software including TeX
- Bioinformatics, Genomics & Proteomics, Chemical structure & modeling software
- iMovie, Adobe Suite and multimedia software
- Wordpress and blogging
Faculty, I can help you with:
- Support computationally intensive curricula and research
Provide custom instruction classes in research including; an introduction to library research at Mt. Holyoke, locating scholarly materials, evaluating sources, using discipline-specific databases, effective web tools for research.
Teach technology workshops including creating a blog, basic video editing, image editing, presentations, using Moodle tools.
- One on one consultations to develop and support the use of technology tools including Moodle,
multimedia applications, and social media for learning
- Develop the library's collection in liaison areas
Support faculty and student-faculty research