Need to print your work from your own computer or mobile device to a campus printer? LITS can help! We have public printers located around campus, which we fondly call “multi-function devices” (MFDs). MFDs can make copies, scan and print. You can easily store or upload your document to the Google Cloud and then retrieve them from any public MFD by swiping your OneCard.
Student accounts are pre-configured for Google Cloud printing. Faculty/staff will first need to follow the configuration directions below (configuration only needs to be done once).
- Be sure the document you want to print is stored in Google Drive or as a PDF. You can also use Google Cloud Print to upload and print your documents or print any webpage from the Google Chrome browser.
- Set your desired print options and choose LITS-Public-Cloud as your printer.
- Go to any of the public MFDs to release and pick up your print job. See all the printer locations on campus.
- Swipe your OneCard and choose Print Release to see a list of print jobs you have uploaded to Google Cloud.
- When you have finished, be sure to press Log in/out on the MFD. This will ensure that no one else can copy on your account. Your account log-in will time out less than 1 minute after your print job, in case you forget..
- Make sure you are logged into Google using your @mtholyoke.edu account.
- Click Add Faculty Staff Cloud Printer.
- Click Add Printer.