Simply connect your computer or mobile device to eduroam at least once while on campus at Mount Holyoke, and you can then connect to eduroam at hundreds of supported locations around the world.*
* If you are using a circulating laptop and wish to connect your borrowed device to eduroam on another campus, please note that you must connect your borrowed device to eduroam at MHC at least once every time you plan to leave campus.
To connect to eduroam from any Windows or Mac computer or any iPhone, iPad or Android computer or mobile device:
- While on campus, select eduroam from the list of available WiFi networks on your device.
- When prompted to enter a username and password, enter your full Mount Holyoke email address as your username (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter your MHC account password.
- You should now be connected to eduroam!
If you have any trouble with the above steps:
- On your Mac computer, if you are prompted for a password to accept a certificate or install software, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac. If you are borrowing a Mac laptop from LITS and are prompted for a password to accept a certificate or install software, click Cancel. LITS circulating Mac laptops are configured to log you in to a Guest account upon start up, and the password will be automatically applied. Further instructions on connecting to eduroam on circulating laptops may be found below.
- Visitors from other campuses should enter your full email address (e.g., email@example.com) in the username prompt.
- If you have recently updated your password, you will be prompted to re-enter your username and password the next time you connect to eduroam. Enter your new password to connect.
- If you are unable to connect to eduroam using these steps on a PC or Mac laptop, try using the alternative setup, below.
To connect to eduroam using a Chromebook, jump to the instructions under Manual Settings.