Faculty, please find instructions for submitting print, ereserve and video course reserve requests at Place a course reserve.
Search for print and DVD reserves
Required readings are automatically placed on reserve. If your readings are listed as required on MyMountHolyoke, they will be placed on reserve for the semester and available for limited checkout at the Circulation Desk. More information about accessing your course reserves is below.
All print and DVD reserves:
- are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
- may be borrowed for three hours.
- may be checked out one at a time, except for overnight loans. Three hours before closing, two reserve items may be checked out overnight. Complete an Overnight Reserve Form at the Circulation Desk on the day that you would like the item(s) to be held for you.
- are not renewable, but may be checked out again if still available after a 30-minute waiting period. There is no waiting period when another copy is on reserve and available for checkout.
- accumulate late fees at the rate of $5.00 for the first hour and $1.00 for every hour after that.
Please note that in addition to being available for check out at the Circulation Desk, many video reserves can be found streaming on your Moodle course.
Ereserves and streaming video
PDFs of articles and streaming video for required course reading will be in your Moodle course.
To comply with the provisions of copyright law, materials in Moodle are only accessible to students registered in the course for the duration of the course.
The copyright law of the United States governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries are authorized to provide a reproduction. One of these conditions is that the reproduction not be used for any purpose other than “private study, scholarship or research”. If the distribution of reserve material is used for purposes in excess of what constitutes “fair use,” you may be liable for copyright infringement. Read more about Copyright and Fair use.