Faculty, please find instructions for submitting print, ereserve and video course reserve requests at placing course reserves.
Required readings are automatically placed on reserve. If your readings are listed as required on my.mtholyoke, they will be available as ebooks or physical copies will be placed on reserve for the semester and available for limited checkout at the Circulation Desk. More information about accessing your course reserves is below.
Search for ebook, print and DVD reserves
Search for ebook, print and DVD reserves using:
- course number,
- course name or
- instructor name.
View the full list of resources available for each course by clicking the "View Reserves" link found after course name in the Course Reserves search results box:
You can see which of your required readings are available as ebooks in the item call number. You can access each ebook by clicking the "Online Access" link located under the title in the Course Reserves results box. Please note that some ebooks have limitations on the number of people who can use the resource at the same time. When this is the case, it will be noted in the call number field of your results and LITS will also place a print copy on reserve at the Circulation Desk.
All ebook reserves:
- can be accessed through Discover advanced search.
- may be used on or off campus.
- do not accumulate late fees. Remember, some ebooks have limitations on the number of people who can use the resource at the same time. Please be mindful of this and close your tab or browser when you are finished so your classmates have access to needed course materials.
Print and DVD reserves
All print and DVD reserves:
- are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
- may be borrowed for 4 hours.
- may be checked out one at a time, except for overnight loans. Four hours before closing, two reserve items may be checked out overnight. Complete an Overnight Reserve Form at the Circulation Desk on the day that you would like the item(s) to be held for you.
- are not renewable, but may be checked out again if still available after a 30-minute waiting period. There is no waiting period when another copy is on reserve and available for checkout.
- do not accumulate late fees. Remember, the library collection is a shared community resource. Be mindful of our shared responsibility and return books when they are due so your classmates have access to needed course materials.
PDFs of articles for required course reading may be in your Moodle course.
To comply with the provisions of copyright law, materials in Moodle are only accessible to students registered in the course for the duration of the course.
The copyright law of the United States governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries are authorized to provide a reproduction. One of these conditions is that the reproduction not be used for any purpose other than “private study, scholarship or research.” If the distribution of reserve material is used for purposes in excess of what constitutes “fair use,” you may be liable for copyright infringement. Read more about copyright and fair use.