Getting started with your research may seem overwhelming at first because LITS has so much stuff available. You’re in luck, because we have people and tools to help you.
Get help from a person:
- drop in to the Research Help Desk
- call, email or chat online with a librarian
- find a subject specialist (LITS liaison)
- make an appointment with a subject specialist (LITS liaison)
Do-it-yourself with tools and tutorials designed to point you in the right direction:
- library basics: tutorials
- research guides organized by subject
- getting started with citations and bibliographies
- proper use of sources tutorial
The Research Help Desk, located on Level 2 of the library just off the atrium and across from the Circulation Desk, is staffed by student assistants, with research librarians backing them up from 9 – 5 M – F when classes are in session. Drop by for help finding books and articles, talking through a topic for a paper or project, with citations and bibliographies and a whole lot more! Don’t have time to drop by? Drop us a line at email@example.com or chat with us online.
Check out our online tutorials at any time to learn how to use the library.
- Research services at LITS tutorial
- Library collections and tools tutorial
- Find a book at the library tutorial
- Get (almost!) any article from the library for free tutorial
- Proper use of sources tutorial
While all of us can get you started with almost any question you have, you can also contact a subject specialist (LITS liaison) for help directly.