Getting started with your research may seem overwhelming at first because LITS has so much stuff available. You’re in luck, because we have people and tools to help you.
Get help from a person:
- Contact librarians who specialize in Research Help
- email or chat online with a librarian
- find a subject specialist (LITS liaison)
- write email@example.com to schedule an appointment with a subject specialist (LITS liaison)
Do-it-yourself with tools and tutorials designed to point you in the right direction:
These tutorials were created before the COVID-19 pandemic. For tutorials created during the pandemic, see our self-enrolling Research Skills course on Moodle
- Research Skills course on Moodle
- getting started with citations and bibliographies
- proper use of sources tutorial
- Research services at LITS tutorial
- Library collections and tools tutorial
- Find a book at the library tutorial
- Get (almost!) any article from the library for free tutorial
While all of us can get you started with almost any question you have, you can also contact a subject specialist (LITS liaison) for help directly.