LITS can take your software savvy to the next level! We have online training available to you 24x7 and we offer in-person workshops on common software where you can learn the basics or master more advanced topics. Each semester we offer different instructor-led workshops for faculty and staff and a peer-to-peer student workshop series led by students for students. Choose what best meets your needs.
Faculty and staff workshops
Instructor-led group workshop topics for faculty and staff vary from semester to semester but are generally offered on Google and Microsoft products. All workshops are held in the Computer Training Lab in Library 619. Please register for all sessions in advance.
The workshop schedule often includes
- Pivot Tables in Excel 2016
- Microsoft Excel — Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
- Microsoft Word — Working With Long Documents
- Introduction to Google Apps - Docs, Sheets and Forms
- Protecting Your Data from Security Risks
View schedule and register for faculty/staff workshops
For more information on these workshops, contact the Technology Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-538-2600.
LinkedIn Learning is an online tool offering a wide variety of tutorials for learning software, creative and professional skills. Follow the steps below to login and access courses.
- Navigate to LinkedIn Learning and sign in with your MHC username and password.
- You will be asked whether or not to create or connect a personal LinkedIn account (see more below on Privacy).
- That's it! You will be logged into your own personalizable version of LinkedIn Learning.
Check out the Browse menu link once you are logged in to see LinkedIn Learning's many available tutorials. You can self-pace your learning and track your progress as well. If you were a previous user of Lynda.com, your learning account history has been transferred and is available under LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Learning training topics:
- Google Hangouts/Google Meet
- Microsoft 365 and Office 365
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
For students needing help with your overall LinkedIn profile, please visit the Career Development Center during walk-in hours for information, advice and professional headshot photos to help your profile shine.
Please carefully consider whether you wish to connect your personal LinkedIn account with your Mount Holyoke Learning account. LITS recommends that you review what data Mount Holyoke College will be able to see and retain from your personal account and consider whether you wish LinkedIn Learning to be able to recommend course options based on your personal profile details. Please see LinkedIn's overview on managing your account and privacy settings and their course: Explore privacy settings and account types.
What happens to my connected accounts when I leave the College? If you have connected your MHC Learning account to your LinkedIn profile, your learning history will be retained by LinkedIn; however because you are no longer at MHC, you will no longer be able to participate on the Learning side. If you gain access to LinkedIn Learning again in the future, you will be able to reconnect your profile and re-access your history.
- TextHelp Training for Read&Write Gold (includes individual training guides for PC, Mac, and Google Chrome users)
- The Read&Write Gold for PC/Mac software also offers quick access to video tutorials for each tool. To access the video guides:
- From the Read&Write Gold app, select Help → Video Tours.
2. Select a feature you would like to see a video tutorial for.
Microsoft offers an extensive collection of free training materials here: Microsoft 365 Training.
Zoom offers free & interactive live training from webinar experts, occurring daily. For new faculty and staff or those who want to brush up on their webinar skills, this is a great way to get up to speed in under 60 minutes.
LITS also offers annual comprehensive security awareness training online for all Mount Holyoke faculty and staff via the SANS.org Advanced Cyber Security Learning Platform. This training is required for all faculty and staff on an annual basis.