Select LITS spaces are now available at reduced capacity for residential students. You can access these spaces using your OneCard. You should expect to schedule your visit in advance. Seat reservation and check-in will be coordinated via the campus space request form. Reservation will be required to ensure that safe occupancy levels are maintained at all times.
Campus conditions may alter available spaces. Please refer back to this page for updates and contact Circulation Services with questions or concerns.
Information Commons, Williston Library level 4
- 35 seats; mix of armchairs and tables/chairs
- PC/Mac stations available for in-person use
- MFD available
MEWS, Dwight Hall level 1
- 22 seats; mix of armchairs and tables/chairs
- PC/Mac stations available for in-person use
- B&W printing
Dwight 101, Dwight Hall level 1
- 16 seats; mix of auditorium chairs and tables/chairs
- 10 seats, tables & chairs
These LITS spaces are open to residential students during the semester for the following hours:
- Monday - Friday 7:30am - 11:00pm
- Saturday 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Sunday 9:00am - 11:00pm
The LRC lounge is open anytime Ciruti is open.
Extended hours entrance into the Information Commons
Accessible entrance at Dwight Hall (ground floor, facing Shattuck)
Dwight exit by Dwight 101 (Copper Beech Tree door)
Accessible exit at Dwight Hall (ground floor, facing Shattuck)
For the LRC lounge:
- Enter/exit the lounge through the basement of Ciruti
LRC lounge accessible entrance & exit (Ciruti ground floor)
The campus space reservation system will allow you to make seat reservations within the following parameters:
- 3 reservations per day
- for up to 3 hours per reservation
- up to 7 days in advance
You will receive two emails when reserving a seat, a confirmation and a reminder notification 15 minutes prior to the start of your reservation. The reminder notification includes a link to check in to your seat.
You will have up to 15 minutes from the start of your reservation to check into your seat. If you fail to check in, the seat will become available.
Public Access Computers
Both PC and Mac computer stations are available in some LITS spaces, and are included in the overall seat counts for each space (see space details above). These are designated as “computer” seats in the reservation system.
A MFD is available in the Information Commons for use when you have reserved a seat. A MFD is also available in the LRC lounge, and in these locations around campus.
The Dwight elevator is available as an accessible entry/exit to the LITS complex.
Available restrooms, located in close proximity to study areas, are:
- Level 4 across from the Miles-Smith elevator (single-person and 3-stall women’s room)
- Level 1 of Dwight (single-person near the staircase and 3-stall women’s room)
- Level 2 of Dwight (single-person restroom, two-stall women's room)
- Basement level of Ciruti (two single-person stalls outside the entrance to the lounge)
Antibacterial wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided in each study space. You should wipe down your seat upon entering the space, and wipe it down again prior to leaving.
To ensure proper health and safety protocols and occupancy limits, LITS Circulation Staff will make hourly rounds through the Information Commons, the MEWS, and Dwight 101.
- Only residential students, faculty, and staff members of Mount Holyoke College will have access to LITS spaces, for defined uses. Use of LITS space for any other purposes must be approved and scheduled by LITS Admin.
- Seat reservation and building card access to study spaces will be limited to residential students only. You must use the entrances and exits listed above.
- Strict adherence to campus safety protocols and the Community Compact are expected.
- Face coverings, properly worn to cover your mouth and nose, must always be worn in all LITS spaces.
- Physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet between people, is always expected.
- We are not allowing food in the complex at this time. A water bottle will be permitted. Please adjust your face covering immediately following use.
- Sanitizing wipes and handwashing supplies will be provided in these spaces. Please wipe surfaces before and after use, and wash your hands frequently.
- Please do not move chairs. They are all positioned in accordance with state regulations regarding physical distancing and placement is aligned with our seat reservation system.
- All LITS study spaces will be designated as “Quiet Zones.” Please wear headphones and limit activities to those things that adhere to the designated noise level in each space.